Thursday, July 28, 2011

Ahhh!

Have you ever had an Ahhh! moment? I seemed to have a lot of those this summer. Sometimes my Ahhh! moments were like a light bulb going off in my head and sometimes they were like Ahhh! I can't believe that I just did that. Well, unfortunately life is a learning experience and not all "life lessons" turn out the way that me or you expect. I have recently had one of those moments. The Ahhh! moment wasn't like the light bulb Ahhh! or the can't believe I did that Ahhh! It was like Ahhh! God why can't this just work out the way I wanted it to.Well, the funny thing about praying for something and taking your hands off the situation is that God becomes the controller and not you. Even though your not seemingly "in control" me/you still expect the same outcome that you were hoping for. Sometimes they way that I think it should all work out is the way that God sees fit honestly, this rarely happens. Something, that I learned at camp last week is that when I pray for God to handle the situation and then I don't let Him have total control it never turns out right. I have yet to perfect this haha! Before I left for camp I asked one of my dearest friends to pray with me about getting the money for school this semester and of course she said she would pray with me about it. While I was at camp we tool some time together to pray about it and ask the Lord to work the way He saw fit. After we prayed together I decided that there was no way that I could make this happen so I took my hands off and let the Lord work. Now, this is where my Ahhh! moment kicks in not the good Ahhh! moment either it's the Ahhh! this is not how I wanted this to work out moment. I came home from camp and was informed of how my school was going to be payed for. Lets just say I wasn't a happy camper. First thing I did wasn't pray about it. I called my friend Joellen and she quickly put me back in my place and told me that this is what I prayed for and I need to let God lead. So, since that time I have come to grips with the fact and yes I'm kinda being a baby about it. Oh well I'm human right? God's still working on me and someday when I'm in Heaven I'll be perfect :) Just remember that when you pray for God's leading and guidance remember that the outcome isn't always the way dreamed and hoped for and pictured in your mind. It is however the way that God sees fit and it's perfect in His eyes even if we don't think so.
Love,
Hillary

No comments:

Post a Comment